You can expect
- your privacy to be protected
- to be listened to with respect
- to have someone represent you with your complaint if you wish and consent
- to have your cultural and communication needs included
- to be actively involved in the process and be asked how you would like to have your concern resolved
- to be kept informed of the progress of your complaint
- not to be charged to make a complaint. It is free.
- to receive correspondence from us explaining the resolution of your complaint and our reasons for those decision/s
- to be informed of how you can request a review of our decision/s.
How to make a complaint
You can make a complaint using any of the following methods:
Come in to our reception and ask to talk to the Chief Executive Officer
Send a letter to:PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL Chief Executive Officer Mallacoota District Health Support Service
P.o Box 200
Mallacoota VIC 3892
For NDIS participants
If your complaint is about support coordination services, then please contact Mallacoota District Health and Support Service (MDHSS) using the contact details above.
If your complaint is about the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) itself, or about a decision made by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), please contact the NDIA:
Do you need further assistance?
Please let us know if you need information:
- other support to assist you in making a complaint.
Our complaints process
- We will acknowledge that we’ve received your complaint within 2 working days.
- We will contact you to learn more about your concerns.
- Your complaint may need to be investigated. This may include talking to other people involved. We will need your consent to do this.
- We will attempt to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
- We will inform you of the outcome of your complaint and the reasons for our decision/s. We aim to resolve your issues within 30 working days.
- We will let you know how you can seek an internal review or external review of our decision if you’re not happy with the outcome.
Are you providing feedback for someone else?
We would like to hear from you, regardless of your relationship with that person.
If you are the guardian, authorised representative or nominee of the person you’re providing feedback for, you are welcome to submit feedback on their behalf to us.
If you are not:
- We’ll contact you and check it is ok for us to contact the person you’ve provided the feedback for.
- We’ll ask that person for their consent to look into your complaint.
- Depending on that answer, we’ll then know if we can accept your feedback and investigate.
Not satisfied with our response or process?
You can contact the relevant Commissioner and ask them to review our response.
Health Complaints Commissioner
Aged Care Complaints Commissioner
Disability Services Commissioner