Both Home Nursing and MDHSS based care are provided for your convenience.
Communities reflect how we live, who we work with and who we spend time with. Often when people are seriously ill, they prefer to be at home. People they know can help provide their care and social support. This will be their Community Nurses. It will also be their family, friends, neighbours and acquaintances.
Community Health Nurses work with people and their families to help prevent disease, maintain health and treat any existing health problems
The MDHSS Community nursing aims to support and maintain patient independence, safety and healthy lifestyle, at the same time as providing assistance to carers.
- Care after a hospital stay (Post acute care)
- General Nursing care, including assistance with chronic conditions
- ‘Hospital in the Home’ services, which provide hospital type care outside of the hospital
- Wound management
- Living at Home Assessments
- Pathology Collection
- Palliative care nursing assistance, for people who have a life limiting illness and require support to stay at home
Both home and centre-based care are provided, with the majority of clients receiving care in their own homes.